Mixed Media Wall Clock
By Hobby Ideas Team
April 30, 2016
You Will Need :
Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Black 02, Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352, Fevicryl 3D Outliner Pearl White 301, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Wooden Tray, Colour Print of a Woman’s Face, Scissors, Sticking Elements (The Lace, Kawri Shell, Buttons, Golden Beads, Readymade Flowers, Golden Cord, Golden Flowers, Golden Mandala Cutout, Numbers), Clock Hands And Machine, Colour Palette, Water Container.
We are coz mothers are! Make her day special and tell her you love her in the most amazing way by gifting her a hand made gift. This unique Mother’s Day DIY is surely going to be cherished by her for a long time.
STEP 1 : Source the base
• We are going to make a wall clock with mixed media technique on a Wooden tray for the occasion of Mother’s Day.
• Take a plain wooden tray.
STEP 2 : Do stencil embossing with Fevicryl 3D outliner
• Take the floral stencil design, place the stencil on the tray, pour 3 D outliner Pearl White beside the design and drag the 3 D on the design with thick card paper to get the stencil design in emboss style on the tray.
• Let it dry.
STEP 3 : Paint the tray
• Paint the tray with the coat of Acrylic Colour Black 02.
• Leave it to dry completely.
STEP 4 : Paint dry strokes with gold
• Paint the dry strokes on the black base with Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352 to get the old rustic look.
• Let it dry.
• Refer to the image.
STEP 5 : Source the sticking material
• Take the sticking elements like lace, kawri shell, buttons, golden beads, readymade flowers, golden flowers, golden mandala cutout, Golden Cord, numbers, and the clock hands for the clock to make the mixed media design on the tray.
STEP 6 : Assembly
• Take the printout of the face of lady, mark and cut it appropriately and stick it on the tray using Modge Podge Gloss by removing the air pockets neatly. Let it dry.
• Stick and arrange the sticking elements, the numbers aesthetically around the face of the lady using Fabric Glue. Let it dry.
• Paint the dry strokes of Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352 on the elements to get an old rustic look.
• Attach the clock hands and the machine from the rear side neatly.
• Your mixed media clock is ready.