Learn to create fun stuff at home, assorted by craft categories and more.Upload Your Own Creations
By Hobby Ideas
• We are going to make the miniature musical instruments like Veena, Dholki, Tabla- Dagga, Trumpet and Guitar with Mouldit.
• Take Mouldit resin base and hardener; mix it thoroughly to make even dough.
• Take the dough; roll it to make the simple shape of the Dholki, an oval shape flat towards both the ends.
• Let it get semi dry.
• Take some dough; roll it to make the thin coils out of it.
• Leave it till semi dry.
• Take two coils together and twist them evenly.
• Stick this twisted coils around the both flat ends to show the “Gajara” (which is plait of the leather strips) using Fabric Glue. Let it dry completely.
• Paint the leather cords on the wooden surface of the Dholki with 3D Cone Outliner Non Sticky Pearl Metallic Silver 351. Let it dry.
• Paint the Dholki using Acrylic Colours Burnt Sienna 01, Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Dark Brown 05 and White 27 with details like the leather strips around the dholki (called baar), keenar , lava (the centre black part) . Leave it to dry completely.
• Similarly take some dough to make the other instruments like Veena, Tabla- Dagga, Trumpet and Guitar. Let it dry completely.
• Make the details of the guitar like fret boart, bridge, details of veena like tuning pegs with some clay and tooth pick, fret board, the tumba (extra resonator), bridge, the details of trumpet like the bell, the mouth piece, and similar parts of the Tabla- Dagga like Dholki aesthetically. Let it dry completely.
• Paint the instruments with Acrylic Colours Burnt Sienna 01, Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Dark Brown 05, Dark Green 06, Yellow Ochre 26, White 27 and Pearl Metallic Gold 352.
• Leave it to dry completely.
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Burnt Sienna 01, Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Dark Brown 05, Dark Green 06, Yellow Ochre 26, White 27, Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352, Fevicryl 3 D Cone Outliner Non Sticky Pearl Metallic Silver 351, Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Clay Carving Tools, Tooth Pick, Colour Palette, Water Container