By Hobby Ideas Team
Sept. 14, 2020
You Will Need :
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Dark Green 06, Orange 17, Violet 25, White 27, Leaf Green 62, Fine Art Brushes, MDF Coasters, A3 White Paper, Pencil, Yellow Carbon Paper, Colour Palette, Water Container.
Here is a cute coasters DIY to decorate your table for Halloween. This can be a fun activity to do with the kids too!
STEP 1 : Source the base
• We are going to make the coasters for Halloween using different Halloween motifs.
• Take MDF coasters to paint the Halloween coasters.
STEP 2 : Painting the base
• Paint the coasters with the base coat of Acrylic Colours White 27.
• Let it dry.
STEP 3 : Make the design
• Take an A3 white paper; draw 4 squares in the size of the coasters.
• Draw 4 motifs of the Halloween like the face of Dracula, Jack- o- Lantern, Frankenstein monster, Mummy in the squares.
• Take one of the coasters.
• Trace the Frankenstein monsters face on the coasters with a yellow carbon paper.
STEP 4 : Painting the design
• Paint the design with Acrylic Colour Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Orange 17, White 27 and Leaf Green 62.
• Leave it to dry completely.
STEP 5 : Painting rest of the coasters
• Similarly trace and paint the other characters of the Halloween using Acrylic Colours Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Dark Green 06, Orange 17, Violet 25 and White 27.
• Let it dry completely and seal with a coat of varnish.