Ganesha On Wooden Box
You Will Need:
Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Black 02, White 27, Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352, Fevicryl 3 D Outliner Black 708, Fevicryl Water Based Glass Colours (Tomato Red, Sea Blue, Ultramarine Blue), Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Clay Carving Tools, Rolling Pin, Paper Cutter, Pencil, A4 White Paper, Yellow Carbon Paper, MDF Wooden Box, Ruler, Colour Palette, Water Container.
Gifting on Ganesh Chaturthi has to be special too. Here is just the DIY for you in which you will learn how to paint a box to gift someone special a special gift.
STEP 1 : Painting the base
• We are going to paint the lord Ganesha on the wooden box.
• Take the wooden box; paint the box with the base coat of Acrylic Colour White 27.
• Let it dry completely.
STEP 2 : Making the design
• Take an A4 white paper; draw the border design along with the lord Ganesha in the size of the lid as well as the checkered pattern with the flowers on the size of box.
• Trace the same design on the lid as well as on the walls of the box with black carbon paper.
• Paint the outline of the border design with 3 D outliner Black 708. Let it dry.
• Similarly start painting the outline of the Ganesha with Acrylic Colour black 02. Leave it to dry completely.
STEP 3 : Painting the design
• Paint the intricate design like the jewellery, the crown, the sitar (musical instrument), the garments with Acrylic Colour Black 02.
• Paint the background of the Ganesha with Acrylic Colour Black 02. Leave it to dry completely.
• Paint the background of the border design with Water based glass colour Ultramarine Blue.
• Let it dry.
STEP 4 : Mixing Mouldit
• We are going to make the Mouldit flowers for the border design as well as for the design on the walls of the box.
• Take Mouldit resin base and hardener; mix it thoroughly to make even dough.
STEP 5 : Roll the dough
• Take the dough; roll it to make the medium thin slab with rolling pin.
• Let it get semi dry.
STEP 6 : Make and paint the flowers
• Mark and cut a few simple three petal flowers out of it. Refer to the image. Make about 42 such 3 petal flowers and 2 big fan shape flowers with Mouldit.
• Let it dry.
• Paint the flowers with Water Based Glass Colours Ultramarine Blue and Sea Blue.
• Make sure that you have to paint 28 flowers with sea blue colour and 14 flowers with Ultramarine Blue shade.
• Leave it to dry completely.
STEP 7 : Painting the borders
• Paint the checkered design using Water Based Glass Colours Ultramarine Blue and Sea Blue. Let it dry.
• Paint the rest of the base with Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352. Let it dry.
• Paint the small thick border on both the sides of the checkered pattern as well as towards the bottom side of the box with Acrylic Colour Black 02. Let it dry.
• Stick the painted Mouldit flowers at the bottom alternating using Fabric Glue.
• Let it dry.
STEP 8 : Finishing the top.
• Stick the painted Mouldit sea blue flowers to enhance the border design on the lid with Fabric Glue. Leave it to dry completely.
• Paint the tikka on the forehead of the Ganesha with Water Based Glass Colour Tomato Red. Let it dry.
• Similarly enhance few parts of the crown, the jewellery with Acrylic Colour Peral metallic Gold 352. Leave it to dry.