Decorative Terracotta Plate
You Will Need:
Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Black 02, White 21, Fevicryl 3D Outliner White 707, Fevicryl Glass Colours, Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Terracotta Plate, A3 White Paper, Yellow Carbon Paper, Pencil, Flower Plunger, Colour Palette, Water Container
Turn your plates into a beautiful canvas with this DIY Decorative Terracotta Plate.
STEP 1 : Source the base material
- Take a prewashed terracotta plate measuring 10” diameter.
- We are going to paint a floral design with pomegranate motifs on it using Fevicryl 3D Outliners and Fevicryl Glass Colours.
STEP 2 : Paint the base coat
- Paint the center of the plate with Acrylic Colour White 27. Let it dry.
STEP 3 : Draw and trace the design
- Take A3 white paper, draw the floral design.
- Trace the same design on the plate with yellow carbon paper.
STEP 4 : Paint the outline.
- Paint the outline of the design with Fevicryl 3D Outliner White 707. Let it dry.
STEP 5 : Paint the design on plate.
- Start filling in the Fevicryl Glass Colours of your choice.
- Let it dry completely.
- Take Mouldit resin base and hardener, mix well to make even dough.
- Take the dough, roll it to make a slab.
- Take the flower plunger to make flowers. Let it dry.
- Stick the flowers in between the designs with Fabric Glue. Let it dry.
- Paint the flowers with Glass Colours.
- Paint the edges around the design with Acrylic Colour Black 02.
STEP 7 : Final look
- After sticking the flowers with Fabric Glue, your decorative plate with floral design will look like this!