Turtles With Dotillism
You Will Need:
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Black 02, Crimson 04, Lemon Yellow 11, Light Green 12, Mauve 15, Orange 17, Pink 18, Turquoise Blue 22, Violet 25, White 27, Cerulean Blue 32, Leaf Green 62, Sky Blue 63, Deep Brilliant Purple 64, Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Pearl Silver 301, Golden Yellow 308, Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Paper bowls, Water container, Colour palette.
Have some paper bowls and want to make something really cool with them? Here is just the Best out of waste DIY for you.
STEP 1 : Source the base
• We are going to make the turtles with paper bowls and Mouldit.
• Take these use and throw bowls approximately 4” diameter.
STEP 2 : Making a turtle
• Take Mouldit resin base and hardener, mix it thoroughly to make even dough
• Take the dough to make the head, 4 legs and the tiny tail of the turtle.
• Shape the clay to form the head and legs with the help of clay carving tools.
• Take some clay to cover the centre circle of the bowl using Fabric Glue.
• Stick the body parts appropriately using little amount of the clay and Fabric Glue.
• Let it dry completely.
STEP 3 : Make two turtles
• Take some dough; roll it to make the coils. Let it get semi dry.
• Stick the coils towards the sharp edge of the bowl using Fabric Glue.
• Make two such turtles.
STEP 4 : Paint the base
• Paint the turtle with the base coat of Acrylic Colour Black 02.
• Let it dry.
STEP 5 : Painting the turtle
• We are going to paint the turtles with the dotillism technique using Acrylic Colours Black 02, Crimson 04, Lemon Yellow 11, Light Green 12, Mauve 15, Orange 17, Pink 18, Turquoise Blue 22, Violet 25, White 27, Cerulean Blue 32, Leaf Green 62, Sky Blue 63, Deep Brilliant Purple 64, Acrylic Colour Pearl Silver 301, Golden Yellow 308 and Pearl Metallic Gold 352 with the help of the Dotillism tools.
• Let it dry.
• Your two turtles will look like this.