Pop Art Wooden Disk For New Year
You Will Need:
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Crimson 04, Lemon Yellow 11, White 27, Cerulean Blue 32, Greenery 67, Teal Blue 68, Neon Pink 018, Fevicryl Mouldit It, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Wooden Slice, Clay Carving Tools, Paper Cutter, Pencil, Pink Woolen Tassel, Wooden Bead, Colour Palette, Water Container
The thought of next year brings hope of good times and why shouldn’t the décor reflect that enthusiasm. Here is a cool pop art inspired décor to gel with the vibe. Read more to learn how we made this.
STEP 1 : Source the base
- We are going to paint the wooden slice disk in pop art style with Mouldit emboss numbers to welcome 2022.
- Take plain wooden slice.
- Pierce the hole on the slice for further attachments.
STEP 2 : Apply the base coat
- Paint the center of the disk with the base coat of Acrylic Colour White 27.
- Let it dry.
- Draw the circular design with numbers “2022” on it.
STEP 3 : Mix Mouldit
- We are going to make the numbers with Mouldit.
- Take the Mouldit resin base and hardener; mix it thoroughly to make even dough.
STEP 4 : Roll the dough
- Take the dough, roll it to make the thick coil.
- Flatten the coil after it gets semi dry and turn it to make the shapes of the numbers.
STEP 5 : Painting and assembly
- Stick the letters appropriately with Fabric Glue. Let it dry.
- Paint the design along with the letters in pop art style by giving the wavy lines, dots on the background of the numbers using Acrylic Colours Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Crimson 04, Lemon Yellow 11, White 27, Cerulean Blue 32, Greenery 67, Teal Blue 68 and Neon Pink 018.
- Let it dry.
STEP 6 : Final look
- Take the pink woolen thread tassel, wooden beads.
- Attach the tassel and the beads appropriately.
- Your welcome disk of New Year will look like this.