Kitchen Sieve Tealite Holder With Lippan Art
You Will Need :
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours White 27, Neon Orange 017, Neon Pink 018, Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Rolling Pin, Paper Cutter, Pencil, Kitchen Sieves, Assorted Mirrors, Metal Wire, Colour Palette, Water Container
Decorate the sieve for this Karwa Chauth with Fevicryl range of products and be the center of attraction during the ceremonies. This lovely piece of art can be used as a wall décor too.
STEP 1 : Take the base
- We are going to make the tealite holder using the kitchen sieve with Lippan art.
STEP 2 : Mix Mouldit
- Take the Mouldit resin base and hardener, mix it thoroughly to make even dough.
STEP 3 : Roll Mouldit
- Take the dough, roll it to make the medium thin slab with rolling pin.
STEP 4 : Cover the sieve
- Take the metal kitchen sieve, cover the outer and inner wall of the sieve by sticking the slab evenly with the help of the Fabric Glue.
- Let it dry.
STEP 5 : Colour the sieve
- Paint the covered base of slab with Acrylic Colour White 27. Let it dry.
- Paint the second coat with shading manner using Acrylic Colour Neon Orange 017 and Neon Pink 018.
- Leave it to dry completely.
STEP 6 : Decorate with Lippan art designs
- We are going to make the lippan design on the outer and the inner wall of the sieve.
- Draw the simple horizontal bands on the periphery of the sieve.
- Take the clay, roll it to make the coils out of it.
- Similarly take some clay and embed mirrors in to it.
- Start sticking the coils and the embed mirrors on the sieve with triangular pattern design using Fabric Glue.
- Let it dry.