Learn to create fun stuff at home, assorted by craft categories and more.Upload Your Own Creations
By Hobby Ideas
Getting started with making twine balls
• Take 5 to 6 balloons; blow them up to get the certain size.
Making the thread balls
• Take a plastic bowl; pour the Fevicol A+ and little water in it.
• Mix the water and the glue neatly and soak the cobbler thread in the mixture.
• Take any one of the balloon. Tie the knot of the soaked thread towards the knotted area of the balloon.
• Wrap the thread all over on the balloon by covering it neatly.
• Similarly use the other balloons to make 5 to 6 thread balls.
• Leave it to dry completely.
Painting the thread balls.
• After drying burst the balloons and remove it from the frame of the thread.
• Paint the balloons neatly with Acrylic Colours Sparkling Pearl Dark Blue 904 and Turquoise Blue 905. Let it dry.
• Your thread balls will look like this. Refer to the image.
Embellishing the thread balls
• Take the painted thread balls and decorate each ball with the small and big ornamental stones, small glass mirrors and the colourful punched flowers using Fabric Glue. Let it dry.
• Take the jute lace with leaves; tie each ball with the lace neatly.
• Dangle the painted thread balls on the jute lace aesthetically. These thread balls can be interspersed with small lights for that complete festive look.
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Sparkling Pearl Dark Blue 904, Turquoise Blue 905, Fevicol A+, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Colour Palette, Water Container, Cobbler Thread, Bowl, Scissors, Jute Lace with Leaves, Ornamental Stones (Round Small and Big Size), Glass Mirrors (Small Square), Flower Punches, A4 Colourful Papers