Learn to create fun stuff at home, assorted by craft categories and more.Upload Your Own Creations
By Hobby Ideas
• Take an A3 sized card paper and fold in the centre to make a card.
• Draw a simple design of the lantern on the folded card. Mark and cut the desired shape of lantern using a paper cutter.
• Take origami papers (colours of your choice).
• Mark and cut the strips measuring 1” x 3” , 1” x 4” and 1” x 5” in size.
• Fold the strips in the center lengthwise.
• Start placing and sticking the folded strips from the rear side of the lantern cutout using Fevicol A+ to get a weaving pattern from the front side of the card.
• Refer to the image.
• Take the golden card paper.
• Mark and cut a small sized rectangle measuring 4 ½” x 5” in size to reinforce the folds of the paper. Stick the rectangle on the folds at the rear.
• Enhance the lantern and the background of the lantern by sticking few orange ornamental stones with Fabric Glue and 3 D Outliner Glitter Gold 401, Red 405.
• Let it dry.
• Write the message for Diwali “Happy Diwali” with 3 d outliner glitter Gold 401.
Fevicryl 3D Outliner Glitter Gold 401, Red 405, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fevicol A+, A3 Sized Golden Card Paper, Pencil, Paper Cutter, Ruler, Ornamental Stones (Orange ,Small), Colourful Origami papers (yellow, red, orange), Scissors.