Learn to create fun stuff at home, assorted by craft categories and more.Upload Your Own Creations
By Hobby Ideas
• Take corrugated box flaps or you can take the corrugated sheet to make the toran.
• Draw two rectangles measuring 6” x 7” and 5” x 6” in size; draw 2 pentagons in the rectangles.
• Cut the pentagon flaps. Refer to the image
• Make sure that when you are cutting the flaps keep one of the flap little bigger than the other flap.
• Make 6 such flaps each for the toran.
• Take the small flap and paint the flap with Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352. Let it dry.
• Take an A4 white paper, draw the Ornamental floral design which will fit in the small flap on it
• Trace the same design on the painted flap with white carbon paper.
• Paint the mandala with Acrylic Colours White 27, Neon Yellow 011, Pink 018 and Sparkling Pearl Golden Green 911.
• Paint the outline of the design with 3 D glitter Gold 401. Leave it to dry
• Take the other flap of the corrugated sheet, take the textured line side of the flap and Paint it with similar pearl metallic gold colour.
• Let it dry.
• Take the golden thread and the needle and pass it through the colourful beads to make bead strands. Secure the ends with golden coloured tassels.
• Make 6 such bead strands for the toran.
• Take the painted mandala flap and stick it on textured flap along with the beaded tassel and sandwich the golden lace between the two. Stick them together using Fabric Glue.
• Let it dry.
• Your Toran is ready for the festival
Fevicryl Acrylic Colour White 27, Neon Yellow 011, Pink 018, Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Sparkling Pearl Golden Green 911, Fevicryl 3 D Outliner Glitter Gold 401, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, A4 Paper, White Carbon Paper, Corrugated Box Flaps/ Sheets, Ruler, Pencil, Paper Cutter, Scissors, Golden Ribbon, Golden Tassels, Golden Thread and Needle, Colourful Wooden Beads