Learn to create fun stuff at home, assorted by craft categories and more.Upload Your Own Creations
• We are going to make the clay bees to make the mixed media canvas.
• Take mouldit resin base and hardener, mix it thoroughly to make even dough.
• You will need 1 ½ mouldit to make the bees.
• Take the dough to make the head which look like the small sized ball, the centre part of the body and the slightly longish tail which will look like the tear drop shaped.
• Attach the head, the body and the tail of the bee with little amount of the glue.
• Create the line texture on the tail of the bee with clay carving tool. Let it get semi dry.
• We are going to make the wings and the antenna of the bee using flower making wire, white coloured stocking and the metallic beads. Twist the wire and stretches the stockings on it, secure to end with fabric glue. Let it dry.
• Pierce the wings on both the sides of the bee body along with the metallic bead antenna.
• Similarly stick the ornamental stone eyes appropriately with fabric glue. Let it dry.
• Paint the bees in appropriate shades with water based glass colours golden yellow 852, brown 855 and tomato red 851.
• Leave it to dry completely.
• Make about 3 such Honey Bees.
• Take the canvas board measuring 6” x 8” in size.
• Paint the canvas with the base coat of light yellow made by mixing Acrylic Colour Chrome Yellow 03 and White 27.
• Let it dry.
• Take an A4 sized white paper, draw the design of the honey comb aesthetically to make the stencil design.
• Place an OHP sheet on the design and outline it with CD marker.
• Cut the design with paper cutter to make the stencil.
• Refer to the image.
• Paint the stencil design of the honeycomb using Acrylic Colours Burnt Sienna 01, Chrome Yellow 03 and White 27 in watery wash style.
• Let it dry.
• Write the message “Be like the Bee” on left side of the canvas using Acrylic Colour Black 02.
• Leave it to dry
• Stick the clay Honey Bees aesthetically on the painted canvas with fabric glue.
• Leave it to dry.
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Burnt Sienna 01, Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, White 27, Fevicryl Water Based Glass Colours Kit, Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, 6” X 8” Canvas Board, A4 White Paper, OHP Sheet, Pencil, Ruler, Paper Cutter, CD Marker, Clay Carving Tools, Flower Making Wire, Stockings, Ornamental Stone (Black coloured), Scissors, Metallic Beads, Colour Palette, Water Container .