Epoxy Compounds are created by transforming liquid polyethers into infusible solids through a special curing process. These are used extensively in industries like electronic, adhesive, repair materials, etc. Moreover, it is a valuable crafting material that is widely used by hobbyist, artists, sculptors, jewellery makers, etc. Hobby Ideas Shilpkar is purely used as a modeling compound by artists and it serves the same purpose as polymer clay, which is extensively used in making miniature models, sculpted dolls, figurines, theatre props and sets, costume pieces, jewellery, etc.
Hobby Ideas Shilpkar vs Wet Clay
Clay has been used to make art, both functional and decorative, for centuries. Wet clay, plasticine clay and polymer clay are common media used by artists in different genres of art. Hobby Ideas Shilpkar has a self-hardening quality and is extremely durable. It requires no firing and its self-curing feature in a short span of time into a hard and durable state proves to be far more advanced than regular wet clay. Unlike regular clay, this is not affected by water and does not shrink in size. Additionally these can be painted or varnished with all types of Fevicryl Hobby Ideas Acrylic colours and colours can be added to these compounds by mixing a few drops of colour while kneading the dough. These are extremely safe and hassle-free to use. Hence, these can be used with bare hands and can be cleaned using soap and water.
How to use
• Cut two equal pieces from Hobby Ideas Shilpkar Resin Base and Hardener. Mix them to form an even dough. Care should be taken to avoid mixing the Resin Base and Hardener in unequal proportions, as it will result in improper curing and hardening. Read the instructions mentioned on the pack properly before kneading the dough.
Procedure to make a coil
• Mix Hobby Ideas Shilpkar Resin Base and Hardener to form an even dough.
• Roll it between your palms to form a thick cylinder.
• Place the cylinder on a flat even surface and start rolling it slowly with your palms, applying little pressure from the centre of the cylinder to the edges.
• Roll it in the same pattern till you get the right thickness of the coil.
• Once the coil is ready you can shape it in whatever shape you desire.
• Given below are some basic shapes of coils.
• Coils of varying thickness and sizes can be used creatively for making hair, outlines, coiled pots, etc.
• Make a thick coil and let it set for 10 min.
• Mark the intervals on the coils for the nodes of the Bamboo.
• To form the nodes of the bamboo, use your index fingers to roll pieces of dough.
• Roll them towards each other so that nodal areas are thicker than the internodal areas.
• Take two coils of the same thickness. Let it set for 5/10 mins.
• Join these two coils at one end and slowly twist the coils.
• Use these coils to make basket handles, sea weed, vines, etc.
• More shapes can be created using coils like snakes, spirals, mountains, concentric squares, triangles, circles, etc.
Procedure to make Pinched form
• It’s a technique used to form any clay by pinching it with your fingers.
• Hollow and small forms can be created using this technique.
• Take properly mixed Hobby Ideas Shilpkar dough, roll it between your palms to form a ball.
• Place the ball in your hand and make a deep dent in the ball using your index finger or thumb.
• Place your thumb inside the dent start pressing (pinching) the outside with your fingers to make a thin and big bowl.
• Make the wall of the bowl even by pinching it further.
• Once the bowl is of desired thickness, it can be used to create turtle shells, mushrooms, beetles, etc.
• Follow the earlier procedure to make a pinched bowl.
• Further pinch this bowl from the outside to form the neck of the pot.
• Pinch out the rims to form the mouth of the pot.
• Pots of different shapes and sizes can be created by pinching.
• Follow the same procedure to make a pinched bowl.
• Turn the bowl upside down on your index finger and start pinching it from the base to form the conical shape.
• You can create mountain shapes, animal horns, pointed noses for characters, etc.
• Make an even coil out of the Hobby Ideas Shilpkar dough. Place it straight on a flat even surface and press it with your index finger to form a pinched lace.
• Use this pinched lace for borders for pictures, brick walls, frills for frocks, etc.
• Other shapes can be created like pinched stars, pinched petals for flowers, pinched leaves, etc.
Procedure to make a slab/pancake
• Take a properly mixed lump of Hobby Ideas Shilpkar dough and roll it between your palms to form a ball.
• Place the ball on a flat even surface and with the help of a rolling pin roll it to form a pancake of desired thickness.
• Trace the different shapes on the slab and cut them out using a paper cutter.
• Shape the cut outs in desired forms by manipulating your finger pressure.
• These slabs can be used to make bases for sculptures, pots, & can be cut in different shapes to create relief work.
Cylinder with a slab
• Make a thick coil by rolling Hobby Ideas Shilpkar dough to form a cylinder.
• Place it on a flat even surface and roll it along the length.
• Roll the coil again along its breadth.
• Continue the process till you get the desired length and
• Cut the edges to form a rectangle with an even finish and of a desired size. Let it set for 10 min.
• Pick up the slab and roll it into a cylinder, supporting it with your index finger at the joint.
Cone with a slab
• To make the cone, make a ball of Hobby Ideas Shilpkar. Place it on the surface and roll with the rolling pin.
• The slab that you roll will be circular in shape.
• Continue the process till you get the desired thickness of the slab.
• Cut it into a proper semi-circle.
• Roll it to form a cone, supporting it with your index finger at the joint.
• Make same size coils with Hobby Ideas Shilpkar dough.
• For eg. Take 12 coils of the same size.
• Place 6 coils vertically and 6 coils horizontally and weave them to form a mat.
• Roll it with a rolling pin.
• This mat can be used to make coasters, backgrounds of pictures, name plates, etc.